***Please note August class is August 23rd instead of August 2nd***
Dogma Catma Pet Sitting's founder, Jordan Di Marco is proud to offer courses in CPR, First Aid and Care for your Pets!
Our pets are our family members, companions and friends, and we would do anything to protect them. Would you know how to care for your pet should an emergency arise? According to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) 1-out-of-4 more pets would survive, if just one pet first aid technique was applied prior to getting emergency veterinary care.
Our PetSaver Program is an eight hour course that will cover the following topics. Additionally, the class includes our PetSaver handbook, and upon successful completion each participant will receive a certificate.
The PetSaver Program covers the following topics:
- Skill: Restraining & Muzzling "Any pet that is pain or is going to be moved into pain, can and will bite."
- Skill: Primary Assessment "In the first 15-25 seconds of you being on the scene you will know what to do and what actions to take."
- Skill: Rescue Breathing "The pet patient had a heartbeat but is not breathing"
- Skill: Canine & Feline CPR"The pet patient has no heart beat and is not breathing."
- Skill: Choking Management Conscious Choking, Unconscious Choking (Witnessed & Found).
- Skill: Bleeding & Shock Management Restraint, Muzzle, Elevation, Direct Pressure, Pressure Points, Immobilization, Shock Management & Transportation.
- Skill: Snout-To-Tail Assessment for Injury & Wellness"A deliberate and systematic assessment from the snout to the tail of the pet with intent and purpose looking for any injuries the pet does not present to you or for wellness to create a base-line of your pet's health."
- Skill: Assessing the Pet's Vitals "If you know what is normal for your pet then you will be able to quickly recognize when your pet is presenting not-normal."
- Handbook: Pet First Aid Kit Contents Equipment & Supplies for Putting Together Your Own Pet First Aid Kit.
- Lecture: Insect Bites & Stings and Snakebite Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival.
- Lecture: Heat & Cold Injuries Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival.
- Lecture: Seizure Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival.
- Lecture: Caring For Your Senior Pet-izen Senior Pet-izen Care, Signs & Symptoms, Risk Factors & Euthanasia.
Cost: 4 hour CPR and First Aid: $89.00
8 hour Pet Saver Program: $125.00
Group discounts available.
Are you prepared for an emergency?
2014 Course Schedule
All classes will be held at the Longmont Humane Society
9595 Nelson Road
Longmont, CO 80501
July 5, 2014
August 23, 2014
September 6, 2014
October 4, 2014
November 1, 2014
December 6, 2014